WELCOME!

Kasalehlia! We are the Kihleng family and we are missionaries to the island of Pohnpei in the Federated States of Micronesia. This blog is to keep friends and family (and whoever else is interested!) updated on what we are doing in the islands. So check back here often to see updates on our ministry as well as our ever growing family!

Monday, March 16, 2009

Susan's Top Ten

These are in no particular order.

Top Ten Things I Will Miss About the USA
  1. High Speed Internet connection
  2. Starbucks
  3. Northside church services (I'll especially miss hearing sermons in English)
  4. Walmart!
  5. My family
  6. Fresh produce any time I want
  7. Downtown historic Charleston
  8. Malls
  9. Traveling (yes, at some point in the future I will miss this again – just not for awhile!)
  10. Good places to take long walks without dogs chasing you or drunks trying to pick you up

Top Ten Things I Have Missed In Pohnpei

  1. Our church and especially the people
  2. Our house
  3. Having children on my porch every hour of the day!
  4. My Sunday school kids
  5. The Peppermill Restaurant
  6. Fresh hot coconut biscuits from Kanichy’s
  7. Our beautiful front porch view of the ocean
  8. Sunrise walks by the water
  9. Hosting Sunday dinner for our extended family
  10. Fresh tuna any time I want

ONLY 43 DAYS TILL WE ARE HOME!!!! Actually only 42 since we lose a day crossing the date line!

No comments: